Friday, October 8, 2010

Nanostudio 1.1 Update!!!

A New Nanostudio Update has just been released and I couldn't be happier! I know I have my head up Blip Interactive's proverbial arse but anyone who uses it knows that Nanostudio is amazing. With this 1.1 update it just got even better. I had been talking with devs about some features I was hoping for and they were almost ALL included in this update.

It's Splitsville for these channels.
The most significant for me are pan controls in the mixer (now I can split one channel off into my vocoder!!!), 8meg sample import (backing tracks in the other channel?) and the most exciting -  MIDI Mobilizer support (I just ordered mine). With this update I will hopefully officially be able to use Nanostudio on my iPad as the centerpiece of my live setup!

I will have a full review with pictures of my live setup when my Mobilizer gets here.
Here is what's new:

Features:
* Audio copy/paste - both Intua and Sonoma standards
* MIDI file import/export
* Support for the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer
* Project import/export (self contained projects complete with samples packaged in a single file)
* Direct SoundCloud export from phone
* More mixdown options - individual track split, song regions, render tail option
* Pan controls in mixer
* Note preview in piano roll view when selecting and dragging
* Complete backup/restore of unsaved Eden presets when the app is closed or a call is taken
* Eden preset numbers now begin from zero, not one (this is to match preset changes made via MIDI)
* New (empty) global bank C for Eden
* Increased sample size limit to 8MB
* 'Loop on selection' feature in song editor - sets song loop points to the current selection
* Samples above 8MB can now be previewed in file dialogue (the first 20 seconds)
* MIDI input on Windows version
* NanoSync - Support for 24 bit wavs, copying folders and older PowerPC machines
* Snap to centre zero on pan knobs

Bugfixes:
* When an Eden controller is mapped to oscillator pan, it now takes it over the full L/R range
* Glide notes not recorded correctly (they don't overlap slightly as they should so they need lengthening afterwards in the editor)
* Drawing lots of notes in the pattern editor can result in a synth not responding until the project is reloaded
* Infrequently there is a hanging note (possibly when deleting a part which is being played), resolved by reloading the project.
* Chorus delay modulation destination doesn't work
* Using '&' in sample file or folder names causes the message 'The project file could not be loaded'. It may be possible to load your project's .bak file and then change any samples using a '&' in the file or folder name before resaving.
* Samples with a rate other than 44.1kHz do not play back at the correct speed.
* Vertical scrollbar doesn't behave properly when drawing in the pattern editor.
* Fix for first metronome beep not being played during count in at certain tempos
* Improved sequencer timing drift - now stays perfectly in time even when rendering a wav of any length
* Changed TRG-16 minimum release time so it doesn't sound different during resample/mixdown

I recommend buying or upgrading immediately!
Nanostudio

No comments:

Post a Comment